Hugo Bes(1971) is a Dutch reportage photographer based in Amsterdam. He decided to become a photographer during a 4 months journey in south east Asia which was the catalyst that sparked his passion for photography. Back in the Netherlands he graduated at the Fotovakschool specializing in reportage and portrait photography. In his photography Hugo is focusing on contemporary issues with people as main topic.
Awards & Nominations
- 3rd place Fashion category - International Color Awards 2021
- Honorable mention IPA one shot movement 2020
- Finalist Travel photographer of the year 2018
- Honorable Mention - Moscow international Foto Awards 2017.
- Commended award - Travel photographer of the year 2016.
- Silver award – photo essay - Tokyo international photo awards 2016.
- Category award - Urban photographer of the year 2012.
- Finalist - Travel photographer of the year 2011.
- Category award - Urban photographer of the year 2010.
- 1ste prijs portret series - Zilveren camera 2009.
- Finalist - Travel photographer of the year 2009.